Friday 11 July 2014

Last samples

This is a detail of one of my samples for the end of my course. These samples were based on seed heads. This particular sample is inspired by honesty. The base material is rice paper which was painted with Modge podge (a type of glue) to make it stitchable then stitched. I then added the felt seeeds to the back and added another layer of rice paper. This was then painted with brusho from the back and inked on the front of the work.

This sample  used open thread work and was very contemporary for me. I looked at various shapes of seed heads and took the patterns and shapes as inspiration. I used different types of canvas and machine stitched with various threads.
This sample explores texture and uses fabric manipulation. I have used ruffles and pintucks and yo-yo's. The border was made using acryli felt which has been stitched with seedhead motifs and then burned with a heat gun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment